Ree's Fig-Prosciutto Pizza is a delicious lunch idea. It's a nice balance of salty and sweet with greens to boot (...and did I mention there is cheese, too?).
|An inviting Saturday afternoon view.|
Step One: Shop
|Yummy starting materials|
I used the following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 fig preserves (that I posted Monday)
- 12 oz fresh mozarella, sliced
- 8 oz prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 12 oz organic greens
|The lil dough ball before it rose.|
Step Three: Flatten Dough, Top and Bake
|Pizza on the George Foreman grill.|
Step Four: Cut Pizza
|The yummy pizza product.|
Step Five: Top with Greens
|Everything looks healthier when you decorate with greens.|
Don't forget the greens; evidently they're important. ;)
360 cal/ 28 g carbs/ 18 g fat/ 20 g protein per serving (Makes 6 servings).
- After cooling, I placed each square in aluminum foil, topped with greens and refrigerated/stored 6 days. I took the greens off before re-heating at lunch (1 minute was a good re-heat microwave time for me).
- I paired this with a ruby red grapefruit and 8 oz of organic 1% milk.
- Other than fruit pizza, this was the first pizza I had made from scratch by myself AND the only one I've ever attempted on a George Foreman grill. TWO THUMBS UP! :)