Step One: Gather veggies and beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 medium red oinion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bottle of SweetWater 420 Pale Ale
- 2 red tomatoes
- 2 green tomatoes (for an experimental flare)
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 4-5 stalks of celery
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste (I usually aim for 1 tablespoon of each)
Step Two: Mix in the pot
|Mixed in the pot. (The meat and pale ale are on the bottom.)|
Step Three: Cook
|Cook for 8 hours on Low in your sassy red crockpot.|
Cook on low for 8 hours. I generally cook overnight or while I'm at work. Like most long-cooking dishes, the aroma will be lovely, but I recommend turning on a fan so that it doesn't become overpowering.
Step Four: Enjoy
|Delicious filling warmth. (Yes, I know it's summer.)|
380 cal/ 35 g carbs/ 26 g fat/ 32 g protein per serving
- This dish is best served immediately. I refrigerated it for a week of suppers and simply microwaved servings each night. I cannot say, however, that each subsequent night was as good as the first day.
- By using the crockpot, I avoided needing beef broth; the stew stayed moist and veggies supple.
- As an aside, this may be one of my favorite ways to eat carrots. (No matter what people say, I still maintain apples and carrots are and will always be horse food in my book.)